Sunday 14 September 2014

52 Weeks of Happy 37/52

My happy things for this week are:

1. Volunteer meeting. I've finally had a meeting about the Maternity volunteering at a local hospital, that I mentioned here. I just need to get my documents checked, wait for the DBS to come through and then I can do my training for the role. I first applied back in March but due to a change of managers, my application didn't get passed on.

2. Last warm weather. Enjoying, possibly, the last of the warm weather. Although, someone said it could be warm until the end of October!

3. Outfit shopping. I have four parties coming up over the next couple of months. I usually wear jeans and a top, it's what I feel comfortable in but don't ever really feel smart so I wanted to buy something a bit smarter. I don't really like shopping but I went with my friend and tried a few bits on- one was a dress. Now, I'm not really a dress person but I really liked it, so I went back on Friday and tried it again and bought it! It had 20% off so wasn't too expensive either.


4. Birds singing. I've noticed the birds singing a lot more this week now they've finished moulting. I didn't realise I missed the birdsong until they started up again, it's been quiet without it.

4 comments:

  1. I hope it doesn't take too long with your DBS and you can start your training, how frustrating that they lost your application. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, my DBS came back in three days but the training isn't until December.

      Delete
  2. It's always nice to buy something new for a party, so long as you are comfortable in it, that's all that matters and so much nicer than jeans! Hope the volunteering role gets up and going soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I have worn the dress twice now and I did feel comfortable in it but might need tights next time as it's end of Oct! Had to buy some shoes to wear with the tights too! The training for the volunteering isn't until December so I have a while to wait now.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it's lovely to hear from you!