Sunday 26 January 2014

52 Weeks of Happy 4/52

Hello all, here are my happy things from this week.

1. Winterwatch. I love the spring/autumn/winter watch programmes, seeing all the wildlife.


2. New wellies. I've been looking for some wellies for ages but they are never big enough around the calves, these are short ones and fit really well. I got them in Blacks and found a 10% discount code so they were £13.50!



3. Simply Crochet Magazine. I finally got a copy in WHSmith after looking in a few places. It was lovely to see Lucy and Andrea in this issue.



4. RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch. This is the 7th year I've taken part in the birdwatch, I don't get huge numbers of birds in the garden despite always having different food and water out. I'd planned to do it from 2-3pm but I was delayed so did it from 3.15-4.15pm. It started raining not long after and became very heavy and windy and turned quite dark! 

My results this year were:

  • 4 Bluetits
  • 1 Wood Pigeon
  • 2 Dunnocks
  • 1 Robin
  • 1 Blackbird


Thank you for all of your comments on my last post, I enjoy reading all of your views.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog via Attic24 and really love it! It made me smile to find someone else who can be thrilled by wellies (I can never find any that are big enough around the calves)!
    There's so much out there to find pleasure in every day - scrunchy grass, birds, crochet - and it's great to celebrate all this really simple lovely stuff.
    I look forward to more weeks of happy things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you! It's lovely to get such positive comments and I'm glad you enjoyed reading my blog. I will come and take a look at your blog when I have time too.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it's lovely to hear from you!