Wednesday 30 October 2013

In the garden...


I spent some time in the garden today, taking some photos and enjoying the warm sun. I thought I would share these with you.

Vapour lines from the planes.



There were three of these holes dug in the garden and this one with a poo by it. I'm not sure what is making these holes, maybe a hedgehog?


Lots of mushrooms by the climbing frame.


I have had a look in my Fungi book, these look like Fairy Ring Champignon. Any other suggestions?


I really like this photo with the small water drops on the grass, the first time I looked at it I didn't even see the water drops.


I know this one is blurred and the focus is on the grass in the foreground but I quite like it.


Upside down!


I wonder what's been eating this one.


I saw this red leaf and, at first, I thought it was a moth but on closer inspection I realised it was a leaf!


I hadn't looked up behind the shed so I didn't know this fence had come down. Part of it was already broken, now it's all broken!


There were quite a few windfall apples so I made an apple bird feeder with some and kept the best ones to make a crumble tomorrow.


I'd put some twine under each apple because they kept falling down, then I realised I could of put pegs on instead. I think they make good bird stands. Although, I think if a pigeon lands on it, it will all fall down! There haven't been many birds coming into the garden recently.


I'm enjoying watching Autumnwatch, it's just a shame it's only on for four days. I love seeing all the different wildlife.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoying Autumnwatch too Gemma. I think to poo and dug out hole belong to cats as they are the only creatures I know who make any attempt to bury their business. They don't always as sometimes its a way of marking their territory.
    No good on mushroom id, but sky photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hadn't even thought it could be cats but I have seen three different cats in the garden, at different times so it could be.

      Delete
  2. I love your photo with water droplets too and your bird feeder. We have enjoyed Autumn Watch, it's just about to start so must sign off!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it's lovely to hear from you!