Tuesday 11 March 2014

52 Weeks of Happy 10/52

My happy things from last week (a little late!).

1. Glorious Sunday! Not surprisingly my 1st happy is the warm, sunny day we had on Sunday. You can see my post here.

2. Signs of spring. In the last week or so, I've seen a small tortoiseshell butterfly, comma butterfly, ladybirds, bees, daffodils, buds on the brink of flowering and blossom.


3. Volunteering. I used to volunteer at a local toddler group when it first started in January 2012 and I finished in December 2012 to concentrate on finding work. I've decided to return to volunteer there and started last week, being unemployed I don't always get out much so this is a nice way to have some social time.

4. Maternity volunteers. I've been trying to get some sort of maternity experience for a while now and have just found a fairly local hospital is now looking for maternity volunteers. Although, they have said the process to becoming a volunteer can take a while due to the high number of applications, I'm hopefully on the way to gaining some experience.

Photo source

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear your getting into volunteering it's so rewarding isn't it. I volunteer at a charity shop and thoroughly enjoy it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very good idea, you need to get out and do something positive when your life is not quite as you hoped right now. Volunteering will always be good on your future job applications too.
    Spring has come early and is just beautiful as shown in your lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it's lovely to hear from you!