Monday 17 March 2014

52 Weeks of Happy 11/52

1. Baby news. Not me! My friend phoned me on Tuesday to say his wife is expecting their first baby, in September. I haven't seen them for a while as my friend works a lot but we'll hopefully meet up soon.

2. Cake. I made the chocolate crunch cake from this post. It tasted just the same as I remember but it didn't set properly, I did have to change the quantities and someone said I may have used too much condensed milk. I'm going to try again with a slightly different recipe.




3. Ladybirds. I saw four, seven spot ladybirds in the garden on Thursday, I think that is as many as I saw in the garden all of last year! I hope this is a good sign and the ladybird population will thrive this year.

4. Sunset. There was a beautiful sunset on Saturday evening as I drove home from taking my mum out. I did something I've never done before, I pulled over twice to take photos and I did feel a bit conspicuous! I only had my phone so the photos weren't close up and they don't really show the colours properly. It was lovely, streaked with purple, orange and red. 



1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the cakes! Yes has lots of ladybirds this month and mostly native ones so that's really good. Beautiful sunset.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it's lovely to hear from you!