Tuesday 30 December 2014

52 Weeks of Happy 52/52

I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas, it's always over so quickly!

We're finally here, the last happy post of the year. There have been times when I've fallen (very!) behind and some weeks forgetting to write down happy things and take the photos (I don't have a great knack for remembering things!). I have enjoyed writing these posts, it's been good to find small positives each week to balance the hard times. 

At the moment, I don't think I will carry on with this project next year but I'm going to have a think about something else to do instead.

So, here are my last happy things of the year, not all with photos!

1. Christmas/Boxing day. We had both days at my mum and dad's, Christmas day just six of us and Boxing day there were 13 (my nan didn't like it as there were 13 at dinner!). I only took a few photos of the children so I don't have any to share. 

2. Birthday. It was my nephew's on the 28th December as it's so close to Christmas they don't do a party but tend to have an Open House so friends and family can pop in. We went just before lunch time so had lunch with them, I liked these pirate plates!


3. Last Christmas present re-ordered. I had ordered my sister a calendar from Tesco but it still wasn't in store three weeks later, even though customer services' assured me it was there. I went to collect it on Monday but it wasn't there, they contacted customer services who re-ordered it and said it would be in on Christmas Eve, it was cutting it fine but I couldn't get it anywhere else so late. I had an email on Christmas Eve morning to say it was in so I went to collect it and guess what they told me, there were two calendars there!

4. ISS aka Santa's Sleigh! I went to the Nativity service at the local church on Christmas Eve and as it was due to be visible while I was walking home, I decided to look for it and I saw it. I took this photo but you can only see it when you zoom in, it is the tiny dot slightly left of the centre of the photo.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on achieving your 52 weeks of happiness. It has been fun to see your moments of happiness through the year. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it's lovely to hear from you!