Thursday 26 September 2013

Ladybirds galore, a Christmas book and a cake!

After not seeing many ladybirds this year, last Monday I saw at least 20 over the road from my mum's by the little wooded area and they were mostly on the stinging nettles. (There is a handy identification sheet on the link above)

There were lots of orange ones with lots of spots.


Quite a few blacks ones with some orange markings.


One red one with lots of spots. 


There was also a funny looking, bumpy one which I think was the Pupa (it looked similar to the Pupa in my book), this photo is a bit blurry though.


I was looking for the book The Night before Christmas last week while I was in the town but I found this book instead in The Works and it was 3 for £10 so I got one for myself, my mum and my sister.


I loved this story when I was younger.




I made this cake today with my nephew, it was a packet cake my mum gave me that was going out of date.



We aren't having a very good week here the shower is broken and the electric went off last night and now there is no power to the boiler. Unfortunately, at times like this, when things are going wrong my nan takes it out on me and has a go at me quite a bit. Although I'm fairly used to it now and I tend to know when it will happen, it still upsets me and makes me annoyed as it's not my fault.

I hope you're all having a better week than me.

1 comment:

  1. I heard my first christmas advert on the radio today, and dreamt I recieved my first christmas card...and then I read your post....aaggh christmeas is coming! Your cake looks vey nice. Sorry to hear you're having a bad time right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it's lovely to hear from you!